Saturday, June 2, 2007

Pink Princess


Power?

Am I looking for power?

No. This is not what we want. This is not what I want, but this is what I have now. As the new leader of PLANT, I have all the power I need, the power to protect my people, my nation, my friends, and my loved ones. But power can turn into greed, into hate, and then eventually it can cause war. War means more suffering, unnecessary sacrifices, bloodshed, and tears. No, this is definitely not what we want. I’ve seen enough in the past, too much blood had been spilled, too much lives had been lost, and too much tears had been shed.

Now, I sat inside my office, all alone with no one to talk to, no one to hear my voice, or my songs. It was quiet, so quiet that I could here my own breathing. My memories from my past began to roll inside my head like a movie clip. I could still remember the events of the previous wars. Yes, it is very painful and sad, and many of us had suffered. But even if it is hard, I was with my friends, Cagalli, Athrun, Kira and the rest of the Archangel crew. Together we’ve managed to endure all the hardships of the war, and conquer all the obstacles that fate had thrown at us... And back then, I was not alone...

Hello, my friends. My name is Lacus Clyne. I am the daughter of the former Chairman of PLANT, Siegel Clyne. I am an idol singer that had grown popular in the PLANTs. I’ve gained lots of titles back in the past, I was known as the “pink princess” and “the Songstress” of ZAFT. As a songstress, I used my voice as my means of approach, I’ve sung in numerous concerts and I was happy that I was able to put a smile on everyone’s faces. When the war started, everybody was in total panic and chaos. Once again I used my voice to calm everybody down, I sang my songs as it reaches their distressed hearts. I may have helped my people back then, but there’s one thing that even my angelic voice can’t do – it’s to bring their loved ones back. I stood strong and firm in front of everybody, yet deep inside, I cry silent tears as I hear everybody’s cries and feel their pain.

No comments: